This is great for those of us who are dairy-free and gluten intolerant. I can use almond milk, coconut milk, or soy milk instead of cow’s milk. Click the link to get the recipe.
Tag Archives: homemade
Spaghetti with chicken, garlic, peppers, onions, carrots, pea pods, and broccoli. Spiced with Parmesan cheese, red pepper, and garlic.
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
3 breast boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 small onion, sliced and quartered
1 medium green pepper, sliced in strips
1/4 pound fresh pea pods
1/2 pound fresh broccoli florets
2 whole carrots, julienned
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, fresh or powdered
16 ounces Whole wheat spaghetti, cooked according to package
1. Add olive oil and butter to a large skillet, heat to medium. Add chicken breasts and saute until done. Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized chunks.
2. While chicken is cooking, prepare the spaghetti according to package directions. Add broccoli to boiling spaghetti water in the last two minutes of cooking. Drain and set aside.
3. Add green pepper, garlic and onion to chicken and cook on medium heat until the onions are translucent. Add carrots and pea pods, cook for 3 minutes or until pea pods are tender. Add 1/2 cup of chicken broth and 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes. Heat until boiling.
4. Add spaghetti, broccoli, and Parmesan cheese to chicken mixture. Toss until well combined.
5. Serve immediately. Add a little more Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes on top, if desired.
Serving Ideas: Serve with Grandma’s Garlic Bread.
Categories: Main Dishes & MeatsCopyright © Jamie Nowinski and Grandmother Wisdom/ Grandmother Musings 2012-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jamie Nowinski – Grandmother Wisdom/Grandmother Musings with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Homemade Garlic Delight to serve with pasta, steak, or eat alone.
2 rolls Turano French Bread Rolls , Sliced in half
2 Tablespoons butter, softened
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 Tablespoon oregano, dried leaves
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice two French bread rolls in half.
2. Butter the four slices generously.Place on a baking sheet.
3. Sprinkle the garlic powder evenly on each roll. Then, top each roll with oregano.
4. Bake for 5-10 minutes in the oven, until tops are browned but not burnt.
5. Remove from oven and slice each half in half. There will be eight halves to serve with you meal.Copyright © Jamie Nowinski and Grandmother Wisdom/ Grandmother Musings 2012-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jamie Nowinski – Grandmother Wisdom/Grandmother Musings with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Grandmother’s Lasagna is the perfect food! Layers of yummy cheesy goodness to warm your healthiest appetites. Great for crowds, holidays, and potlucks. Easy to make and easy to eat.
Categories: Main Dishes & Meats
Copyright: March 18, 2012
1 pound lean ground beef
5 links Turkey Italian Sausage, hot or mild, casings removed
2 jars Your favorite traditional spaghetti sauce
1 16 oz. small curd cottage cheese
1 large egg
1 package Lasagna noodle
32 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese dry
1 tablespoon oregano
1. Brown ground beef and sausage together in a large pan until cooked. Add the two jars of spaghetti sauce and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. In a pot of boiling water, cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the container of cottage cheese and egg together. Set aside.
4. In another medium bowl, mix the oregano and the mozzarella cheese together and set aside.
5. In a 9×13-inch baking pan, ladle enough of the meat sauce to lightly cover the bottom of the pan. Place 3 or 4 noodles side by side in the pan. You may need on more to fit the bottom of the pan.
6. Layer meat sauce over noodles, then a few tablespoons of cottage cheese mixture, add a few handfuls of mozzarella cheese over the cottage cheese, finally sprinkle the Parmesan cheese generously.
7. Continue on repeating the layers, ending with mozzarella cheese. Usually, you will have 3-4 layers.
8. Place non-stick tinfoil over the pan and bake in a 350 preheated oven for 1 hour. Take the tinfoil off and cook until cheese is brown. Take out of the oven and let it sit for 20 minutes before serving. Cut into squares.
Notes: Let lasagna sit for 20 minutes after it is removed from the oven before cutting and serving.