Grandmother’s Black Drawing Salve
Drawing salve is an ointment that is used to treat a variety of minor skin inflammations. The ointment “draws out” problems such as pimples, boils, wood splinters, glass shards, and insect poison. For generations, this home remedy has been used to heal pimples, remove toxins from boils, bee stings and many other surface abrasions.
To make your own drawing salve, follow the recipe below. This salve can be kept in a clean container with a lid for several days.
1 Tablespoon Triple Antibiotic Ointment (any brand)
1 Capsule of Activated Charcoal (any brand)
1 small plastic container with a lid
1. Wash plastic container and lid with soapy water and rinse. Dry completely with a paper towel.
2. Measure out 1 Tablespoon of Triple Antibiotic Ointment and place in plastic container.
3. Open Charcoal capsule carefully and add the charcoal into the plastic container.
4. With a cotton swab or a clean toothpick, mix the Triple Antibiotic Ointment and the Charcoal together until the charcoal is completely incorporated into the Triple Antibiotic Ointment.
5. To apply, use a clean cotton swab and dab on affected area. Allow the salve to work on the area for a few hours. A covering such as a Bandage can be placed over the area.
6. Repeat as needed being sure to wash the area before reapplying the salve.
7. If the affected area becomes worse or infected, please consult your doctor.
8. This is homemade recipe. Use at your own discretion.
Copyright © Jamie Nowinski and Grandmother Wisdom/ Grandmother Musings 2012-2013.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jamie Nowinski – Grandmother Wisdom/Grandmother Musings with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.