A co-worker was kind enough to share this recipe. I am not sure where the recipe originated, but it is a favorite.
Servings: 20 Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Serving Ideas: Keep in a covered container. Makes a great Christmas gift.
Categories: Cookies, Bars & Candies
2 sticks butter
1 cup sugar
1 sleeve saltine crackers
1 bag chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350.
2. Boil butter and sugar about 3-5 minutes
3. Line cookie sheet with foil and lay out crackers.
4. Pour sugar mixture over crackers and bake for 10 minutes. Don’t let it burn.
5. Remove and cover with chocolate chips
6. Spread after 2 minutes
7. Refrigerate to cool
8. Break into bite size pieces.
Serving Ideas: Keep in a covered container. Makes a great Christmas gift.Copyright © Jamie Nowinski and Grandmother Wisdom/ Grandmother Musings 2012-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jamie Nowinski – Grandmother Wisdom/Grandmother Musings with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.