How to Make a Mountain out of a Molehill

If you wish to create a Mountain out of a Molehill simply, follow the directions below. With a little bit of ingenuity you will form a great big commotion out of nothing.

1.  Take an insignificant occasion from everyday life.

2. Shape it and mold it carefully until it begins to grow.

3. Be sure to add fear, anger, and indignation to the problem.

4. Blow it all out of proportion.

5. Once you have successfully formed a large mountain out of a small molehill, stand back and view your creation. Wah-La!

EXAMPLE: Last night my husband and I stopped at a chain drug store for a few things.  At the checkout counter, the clerk informed us that in order to receive the sale price for the buy one get one at 50% off, we would have to use our “rewards card”.  We explained that we did not have a “rewards card”.  The clerk then told us that without a ”rewards card”, we would have to pay full price.  He also said that if we signed up right then, we could use the card immediately and receive the sale price.

My husband and I felt angry that we HAD to sign up for a “rewards card”.  We both became indignant with the clerk. My husband told him that if we did not get the sale price without the card, we were going to shop at the drug store’s competitor.  This did not faze the clerk. Clearly, he had heard this rant before from previous shoppers.

We needed the products, and we did not want to pay full price.  Therefore, I signed up for the flipping card. It took ten minutes to sign up due to a computer glitch that could not find my correct birth date.  This made my husband even more furious.  Consequently, by the time we headed to the car, he had decided that we were NEVER shopping at that drug store again.

As you can see, it is incredibly easy to make a mountain out of a molehill.  Go out and try it yourself.  I guarantee quick and accurate results on the first try.  Carpe Diem!

Related Articles

Daily Prompt from The Daily Post @ WordPress.com: Take a complicated subject you know more about than most people, and explain it to a friend who knows nothing about it at all.

©Grandmother Musings 2012-2013.

1. I had to smile when I read this, not because I don’t feel your frustration, but because I have been there so many times and it was interesting to read it from your perspective.

2. Actually I think all these “cards” are turning into a real mountain. Not only are they a pain to carry, but they are sucking away our privacy. ok ok …. I guess it really is “small stuff” (but it is hard not to get annoyed!!) 🙂

3. I love this. Using your great sense of humor, you drove the point home. Thanks.

4. Pingback: Why Science is Hard to Learn. « 3rdculturechildren

5. Totally understand your card frustration. We never bothered until two years ago when we moved two blocks from a drugstore. We were always walking down for something, so finally signed up for the card. We do get benefits since we buy so much over the weeks and months. But still resist all other offers.

6. I don’t like having to sign up for a better price but I have done it in the past but will not do it any more. I can make mountains easily!

7. I’ve got so many ‘cards’ in my purse it’s hard to tell which one is for which shop – they’re really annoying.

I feel your frustration and love this post! 😀

8. I hate those cards. I resent being asked if I want one. I don’t have room in my wallet for all the million cards we’re pressured to sign up for. If having one of those stupid cards allows for a 50% discount then the store can afford to give it to all customers not just the ones patient enough to fill out the application and wait for approval and then be diligent enough to carry the card or ensure they have the card when they go to the specific store that has issued it. Its a plastic society and you’re less than worthless if your wallet isn’t stuff with all these stupid plastic “discount” cards. ugh..

9. You’d think I was rich or something but when I’m asked about having cards etc.and did I want to sign up for a card for discounts….I now just say ‘No thank you”….The clerks kinda look at me funny… We really do get discounts by scrutinizing all those lovely flyers that come around….actually my husband does…..so we’re only occasionally shopping where the prices are higher…Diane

10. Clicking Like wasn’t enough for this post. I also dislike rewards cards and the idea of them. Well, I could go on for quite some time, but won’t.

• There seems to be a card for every store. It is ridiculous that consumers have to be part of a club in order to receive a good price. Not only that, but my wallet and my key chain cannot hold all of those pesky, plastic cards. I am glad you liked the post. Thank you for your comment. Enjoy the day! 🙂

11. Pingback: Daily Prompt, (Your Thing) for Dummies | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice

12. Very creative, and so true! Great post!