Pool Done Broke Blues

It figures!

The last warm days of the year.

I’m thinking

One more chance for a clear

Day in the pool.

I slaved!

All week to get the water right.

Ran the filter

Every single night.

Stupid mechanical pump.

It’s broke!

The noise it made gave me the chills.

It was hot.

And not with passionate thrills

Darn, Darn, Darn

It’s sad!

What will I do with my time.

Labor Day Weekend.

The water will turn to slime.

I have to close it up.

Goodbye!

Got me through the hottest summer.

Swimming made me happy.

Our parting is a real bummer.

Until next year…

Grandmother Musings 2012-2013.

1. dizzywestsidegirl

That is a bummer, Sorry to hear.

2. So sorry to hear that ….enjoy the weekend anyway….Diane

3. Ah shucks! I feel your pain. I missed on out swimming most of August due to the numerous storms- dust, monsoon and such – that we had all month. Luckily it is still hot enough over here to get in the water until mid-October. I’ve been prepping the pool all week for my holiday BBQ.

Well, start the countdown to next year’s pool opening!

4. so sorry to hear that. 🙂

5. I remember those days as a child. I grew up in the beautiful State of Maine. We had extremely short Summer’s. I can totally relate. Guess you will have to get the sprinkler out!!!

6. Bummer, the weather is still warm to enjoy….perhaps a sign fall is approaching. Enjoy the 3 day weekend 🙂

7. Oh no…sorry about that. You know if it’s not one thing it’s another sometimes. 🙂