Spread Love Everywhere You Go

Mother Teresa

A woman I know has a terrible disposition. She often wears a scowl on her face and her body language screams, “Get Away From Me!”  People are afraid to talk to her or ask her a question in fear that she will respond sarcastically. She is an unhappy and unloved soul.

This woman is trapped in a cycle of sadness that she cannot break.  It moves round and round, never creating the happiness she so desperately needs. She is lonely and fearful, yet does not know how to reach out to others.

I want to shout at this woman and recite what Mother Teresa lived,  “Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.”   I yearn for this woman to know that if she would only love, smile, and reach out, people would flock to her.  My desire is for her realize that her negative aura only produces negative reactions.

For now, I will just pray for her and love her.  I will smile when she scowls and laugh when she is sarcastic.  Finally, when she leaves me, she will leave happier.  Peace.

Grandmother Musings 2012-2013.

1. Yes, I wish her a lot of peace.

2. You have such a high degree of patience! I think there are just some people that don’t know how to be happy, but I think what you suggested above is perhaps the best way to cope. Continue to act joyful and happy around them and perhaps one day it will rub off.

3. You’re very kind! I hope this person appreciates what a lovely friend you are 🙂

4. Reblogged this on Space for lasam and commented:
    Reblog: Spread Love Everywhere You Go

from Grandmother Musings through 20 Lines or Less

5. Bitterness is a downward spiral, just like joy and love are an upwards spiral. Hopefully your love can change her course 🙂

6. Nicole’s comment exactly expresses my sentiment, as well. How sad for her.

7. It’s sad that people are like that, it always makes me wonder what has happened in their life that has made them so negative and difficult. But you’re right in your approach, share a smile, a laugh and offer a prayer that your positive engery, will over time, break through her negative energy. Have a great day!! Nancy

8. Wow, thank you for the inspiration! I love what’s on the door. Looks like a great thing to do with my middle school students this year.

9. She reminds me of a checkout lady who used to work in a supermarket where I used to live. At first I tried to avoid her lane but it was amazing how many times another one closed and I was directed to hers! So I decided to try saying something extranice every time she served me. She looked so surprised and barely grunted replies at first but eventually she made comments and one day she smiled 🙂 Got to where she would look up, smile and say hello every time I went in the store. That supermarket closed down and I never saw her again but I hope she’s smiling somewhere 🙂