Perseid Meteor Shower

Every year in August, we are given a show from the Perseid Meteorites.  It is a special time for me because when my son was younger, he and I would sit in the back yard until the wee hours of the morning watching them streak across the eastern sky.

It is suppose to be the best meteor shower of the year, according to NASA.  From Friday, August 10th until Sunday, August 12th, NASA expects that the Perseids will peak at about 100 per hour.  This is predicted to be an amazing show, and there is another treat in store for sky watchers.  “The brightest planets in the solar system are lining up right in the middle of the [Perseid] display,” NASA says. Specifically, “Jupiter, Venus and the crescent moon are gathering together just as the Perseid meteor shower reaches its peak.”

The best time to view is between midnight and 4 A.M.  It is best to be in a dark sky, but even closer to city lights, viewers will be able to spot a few meteors.  Enjoy the show!

1. Omigosh! I almost forgot. Thank you so much dear for sharing 🙂

2. Reblogged this on 20 Lines or Less and commented:
    Don’t forget to look up into the night sky this weekend to see the show!

3. What a pity I won’t be able to see it from Australia. How exciting for you. Enjoy 🙂

4. Thank you for sharing.

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

5. Cool, never get to see a meteor shower in India.

6. Wow! Thank you so much for sharing!

7. I’m so glad you posted this! I had forgotten. Hope the sky’s are clear tonite.
    Thanks again for this reminder! 🙂
    Kathy

8. Beyond The Green Door

Thank you so much for the heads up! Will have to set the alarm so my husband and I wake up and go enjoy the show!! (Since we are normally in bed way before midnight, lol)

9. Hey Big Smile! Thanks for the reminder. I plan on going out tonight in the backyard with a thermos of coffee!

10. I try to watch this every year, and every year it is too cloudy 😦

11. Yup, we saw them…around 10pm CST….I didn’t know what it was at first. Someone said meteor shower, but now I know more about it….thank you! 🙂

• I am happy that you had a chance to see the Perseids. They are such a cool summer show. It was hard to see more than the really big meteors here in Chicago due to the city lights. One year I am going to the country so I can see them better. Thanks for letting me know. Enjoy the evening. 🙂