We are all Beautiful, Inspiring, and Appreciated Bloggers!

Today, I am blessed to share three award nominations.  The Beautiful Blogger Award and the Reader Appreciation Award were both given to me by Nizy at Nizy’s Life Compendium.  She shows us that life is one big adventure with so much to discover.  She believes that life is a wonderful journey.  I am happy to say that I am blessed to be included in Nizy’s journey and grateful for her kind nominations. Please visit Nizy’s Life Compendium and leave her a comment or two. You will not be sorry you joined her adventure.

The third award comes to me from sharechair.  She is a tech-goddess, who loves to share her knowledge of technology, especially iPad, iPhone, and Kindle. She likes to check out new things and share them with her readers.  That is how I found her. She shared and I read, and I continue to admire her helpful and informative posts.  Therefore, it is a privilege and honor to accept the Inspiring Blog Award from sharechair.  Please visit sharechair and check out her awesome blog.  Learn a few new things and leave her a comment.

These three awards have similar rules:

Post seven interesting things about yourself.

Nominate 15 other bloggers who you feel deserve the award.

Let them know about nomination.

7 Things You May Find Interesting About Grandmother Musings

1.     I enjoy chocolate chip cookies. No, wait, let me rephrase that…I ENJOY chocolate chip cookies.

2.    There is a suitcase in my living room, and I am not going on a trip. (I am cleaning.:))

3.    I despised coffee until I was 25.  I began drinking it with three sugars and lots of cream when it was the only thing to drink at work. (I am down to one sugar and cream, now.)

4.    Dog hair follows me. I have found my dog’s black hair on my desk at school, in hotels rooms on vacation, and on my Kindle screen.

5.    I am allergic to Two and a Half Men.

6.    When I was a teenager, I pierced my own ears because my mom would not allow me to have them pierced.

7.    Old cookbooks are so interesting. I collect them.

NOMINATIONS: I am bending the rules a bit. I will pick 5 blogs for each award because 45 are just too many!

The Beautiful Blogger Award goes to:

The Inspiring Blog Award goes to:

A Grateful Man

My Life in Color

Joy in the Moments

Life Seeds

Russel Ray Photos

Thank you to all of you that follow Grandmother Musings, and take the time to read and comment on the posts.  I love that we can talk and share our thoughts and lives. I am amazed and inspired by your adventures, creativity, and strength. God bless each of you.  🙂

1. No outfit is complete without an ample amount of dog hair 🙂

2. Congratulations!! Well deserved – and thank you for passing on the honour to me 😀

3. Three awards! Congratulations! So well deserved.

4. Omigosh! teary eyed when reading this! Thank you so much for the sweet words my dear… I keep you in my heart for a lifetime.- Nizy

5. Congratulations, Jamie, and good for you. Those awards just keep coming down your path, don’t they! 🙂

6. Congratulations on your awards! Well deserved, all of them. And thank you for the kind words about my blog. I am touched and truly appreciative. 🙂

7. Congrats on your awards, and thanks for thinking of me to pass your inspiration on to. Fun way to start my week.

8. Congratulations!

Dang, I need to be quicker in posting mine – you nominated I few that I would have thrown in! I think I’ll probably use your method here and nominate maybe 5 per award because I can’t fathom listing more than 20 blogs.

I actually logged in thinking I might work on my acceptance, in between commercial breaks for the pre-season game, but if the rest of the game is anything like these first 4 minutes, I might as well just work on my blog post instead.

Also – didn’t like coffee until you were 25?! Wow – I think by the time I was 23 I was trying to curb my coffee drinking.

• Thank, Nicole, and sorry I took some of your nominees. You just have to be quicker! LOL! 45 people would have been impossible for me to do. It is hard to believe we are into pre-season games already. It just reminds me that my summer is almost over, and I will have to go back to work soon. Boo-hoo!

And yes, I was a late-bloomer when it came to coffee. You wouldn’t know it now. I gave up pepsi for coffee. Healthier for me. I think? 🙂

• LOL – I don’t think I could give up Pepsi permanently. I try to limit myself to no more than 3 a week. I think I drink enough water to make up for it.

I just posted my acceptance for my awards, before another blogger takes up all my nominees!

You’re telling me the summer has flown by. I have maybe 2 more months of swimming pool weather left before it gets too cold to get in.

I really need to get back into working for some type of educational institution. I miss all the time off I used to have! My current company is pretty generous in that respect for being a private company but still…nothing like summer vacation.

• I have a pepsi when we go out for dinner or on special occasions. I usually just drink water. Coffee keeps me sane and gives me my caffine boost that I used to get with Pepsi.

2 more months of swimming! I am jealous. I probably have until the end of August and my pool will be too cold to swim in, and the tress will drop all their leaves in my water. Unless, this hot continues…then, I may have a little longer to swim. This has been a great year for the pool. 🙂

Having summer off is a blessing. Although, to be fair, I spent most of the summer working on the Yearbook. I just finished it last week, so I am free for two more weeks. Once I go back to school all of my time is spent doing school. Every evening and the weekends are filled with homework for me. I will be back on a schedule and unable to use the bathroom whenever I want. I will need to hold it until 11:00 when lunch comes, provided I have a lunch mom to watch my room. “Sigh” But, I do love the being a teacher and I love summer! 🙂

Congratulations on your awards! You deserve each and every one, my friend. 🙂

9. Congrats again…curious re number 6…How did you and your self-pierced ears do?…Diane

• Thank, Diane. I used a needle from my mom’s sewing kit and sanitized it over a flame on the stove. Someone told me to ice the ear and the pierce it with the needle. The ice did not work as well as they said it would work. But, determined to have pierced ears before my mom came home was all the incentive I needed to finish the job. My ears are still pierced and they are even. LOL. 🙂

10. CONGRATULATIONS. WELL DONE!

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

11. Beyond The Green Door

Congrats on your well-deserved awards! And I too did not drink coffee until I was 25. 🙂 (Though I drink it black like a crazy person!)

12. Yeah! Yahoo! Yippee! & Congratulations! Now I’m off to click on your nominee links.

13. Congratulations on all of your awards Jamie. It’s so nice that you are recognized for your writing. And a big thank you for my nomination too. Have a nice weekend.