Poignant Partings at Paw Paw Lake – 20 Lines Weekly Photo Challenge

Paw Paw Lake, Michigan

The saddest time of vacation is the last night.  A week of sun, boating, family, and good times must end.  It is as if you can hear the loons playing “Taps” in the distance.  All the food has been eaten, and the gear is packed away. Just one more sleep, and it will be time to leave the cabin by the lake.

We will say adieu to the lovely water and goodbye to the glorious days.  We will return next year to enjoy your peace pace and your beautiful display of the natural world.

→   20 Lines Weekly Photo Challenge. Submit a photo of Nature/The Great Outdoors by posting your entry to your blog, then leaving a comment with a link to your blog post at http://anexerciseindiscipline.wordpress.com/2012/07/14/20-lines-weekly-photo-challenge/

1. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge (bigsmileu1 at Grandmother Musings) | 20 LINES A DAY – an exercise in discipline

2. I used to get sad on the last day of vacation because I knew I was going back to the rat race! Lol. That was before I retired. Beautiful picture grandmother!

3. Cool! Beautiful photo. I just liked your post over at 20 Lines. Thanks for liking mine!

4. Beautiful photo. I’d be sad, too!

5. Thank You for the follow, following back.
    Nice and interesting blog You’ve here.
    Regards.

6. Ahh, the smell of a fresh-water lake. When I was a child I would lay on the dock in the early morning with my hand dangling in the water. The minnows would come and explore my finger tips.

• We once stayed at a cottage in Wisconsin where we were told stories of giant muskie biting off the toes of swimmers. Everytime I went in the water, I had visions of a big muskie coming along and eating my toes. Luckily, it was rural legend and we all went home with all of our toes intact. LOL! 🙂

7. Vacations are always hard to leave…and that last night is always the hardest….Diane

8. That is a lovely photo and a beautifully worded sentiment, Jamie.
    I think we can all agree with you. I hope it was wonderful!