A perfect Vinaigrette for light and easy summer salad and more.
Use this simple dressing on salads, veggies, sandwiches, and even as a quick and easy marinade for proteins. The accepted ratio of oil to vinegar is 3:1, feel free to substitute different types of oils (grapeseed, sunflower, peanut) and vinegars (red wine, balsamic) to achieve different flavor profiles. Be sure to check out the video below for a visual on making vinaigrette without a blender for those days when you don’t want to pull out the heavy equipment.
- 1/4 cup white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- a pinch of sugar
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together vinegar, dijon mustard, salt, pepper, garlic, and beau monde seasoning.
- Slowly add the olive oil, whisking until emulsified. Other methods include shaking ingredients in a jar or using a blender.