Spaghetti with chicken, garlic, peppers, onions, carrots, pea pods, and broccoli. Spiced with Parmesan cheese, red pepper, and garlic.
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
3 breast boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 small onion, sliced and quartered
1 medium green pepper, sliced in strips
1/4 pound fresh pea pods
1/2 pound fresh broccoli florets
2 whole carrots, julienned
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, fresh or powdered
16 ounces Whole wheat spaghetti, cooked according to package
1. Add olive oil and butter to a large skillet, heat to medium. Add chicken breasts and saute until done. Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized chunks.
2. While chicken is cooking, prepare the spaghetti according to package directions. Add broccoli to boiling spaghetti water in the last two minutes of cooking. Drain and set aside.
3. Add green pepper, garlic and onion to chicken and cook on medium heat until the onions are translucent. Add carrots and pea pods, cook for 3 minutes or until pea pods are tender. Add 1/2 cup of chicken broth and 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes. Heat until boiling.
4. Add spaghetti, broccoli, and Parmesan cheese to chicken mixture. Toss until well combined.
5. Serve immediately. Add a little more Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes on top, if desired.
Serving Ideas: Serve with Grandma’s Garlic Bread.
Categories: Main Dishes & MeatsCopyright © Jamie Nowinski and Grandmother Wisdom/ Grandmother Musings 2012-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jamie Nowinski – Grandmother Wisdom/Grandmother Musings with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.