Grandmother’s Lasagna is the perfect food! Layers of yummy cheesy goodness to warm your healthiest appetites. Great for crowds, holidays, and potlucks. Easy to make and easy to eat.
Categories: Main Dishes & Meats
Copyright: March 18, 2012
1 pound lean ground beef
5 links Turkey Italian Sausage, hot or mild, casings removed
2 jars Your favorite traditional spaghetti sauce
1 16 oz. small curd cottage cheese
1 large egg
1 package Lasagna noodle
32 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese dry
1 tablespoon oregano
1. Brown ground beef and sausage together in a large pan until cooked. Add the two jars of spaghetti sauce and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. In a pot of boiling water, cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the container of cottage cheese and egg together. Set aside.
4. In another medium bowl, mix the oregano and the mozzarella cheese together and set aside.
5. In a 9×13-inch baking pan, ladle enough of the meat sauce to lightly cover the bottom of the pan. Place 3 or 4 noodles side by side in the pan. You may need on more to fit the bottom of the pan.
6. Layer meat sauce over noodles, then a few tablespoons of cottage cheese mixture, add a few handfuls of mozzarella cheese over the cottage cheese, finally sprinkle the Parmesan cheese generously.
7. Continue on repeating the layers, ending with mozzarella cheese. Usually, you will have 3-4 layers.
8. Place non-stick tinfoil over the pan and bake in a 350 preheated oven for 1 hour. Take the tinfoil off and cook until cheese is brown. Take out of the oven and let it sit for 20 minutes before serving. Cut into squares.
Notes: Let lasagna sit for 20 minutes after it is removed from the oven before cutting and serving.
Serving Ideas: Serve with a green salad and garlic bread.
Copyright © Jamie Nowinski and Grandmother Wisdom/ Grandmother Musings 2012-2013.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jamie Nowinski – Grandmother Wisdom/Grandmother Musings with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.