Weekly Photo Challenge: Illumination

The Illumination of 50

2012 was a year when those who were born in 1962 marked their half-century birthday.  It is an eye-opening and illuminating event when 50 candles are lit on the birthday cake.  Not only do we see fire and smoke, but also we experience a feeling that makes us think…”Wow! I have been around for a while!”  It is quite illuminating!

Birthday cake of Illumination

Birthday cake of Illumination

©GrandmotherMusings 2013

About these ads

What good is living life if you don't share all the experiences, mistakes, and knowledge you have gained? I am a grandmother, a Jr. High Teacher for 15 years, a wife of 31 years, a mother of two grown children, and I want to share my experiences.

1. And the years grows brighter. Happy birthday for a great year and many illuminating ones ahead.

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

2. It definitely is going brighter after 50. Happy birthday to you!!

3. Happy birthday! Enjoy your experience!

4. Happy Birthday, Jamie! Hope it was grand.
    Thank you for illuminating us all.

5. I have never seen 50 candles on a birthday cake before. I thought that once you hit the legal drinking age you used one candle for every decade. So the most I’ve ever seen is 21 candles.

6. A first glance I thuought the cake was on fire :-) My thinking is the older you get, the more candles you need – the bigger the cake must be! But them I’m always looking for an excuse for more cake. Great pic for the theme.

7. I hope you had a great 50th! This is a very nice illumination picture for the challenge ;)

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 349 other followers