Remembered

When I am dead,

I hope the words etched

Above my head

Describe how I inspired others.

When they reminisce,

let it be with love

I wish to have left wisdom

in my living.

When stories are told of my antics

may I be painted the heroine.

Let them say with a hearty laugh

that I made them smile.

I pray that when I am gone,

I have left the mark of friendship.

A spark of kindness

and a bucket of joy.

I hope that people

hold me in high regard.

May my light

shine  with every recollection.

©Grandmother Musings 2012-2013.

About these ads

What good is living life if you don't share all the experiences, mistakes, and knowledge you have gained? I am a grandmother, a Jr. High Teacher for 15 years, a wife of 31 years, a mother of two grown children, and I want to share my experiences.

1. Beautiful! Just hope it’s a very long time in the future :)

2. This is beautiful, Jamie, but what pushed you to write this today, are you OK?

• I am just fine. I read the daily prompt for the day at wordpress. It said to explain the thing you didn’t want to be remembered for, and I did the opposite. I named all the things I “want” to be remembered for when I die. It reminded me of a book I read on how to live your life. It said, “Live the way you wish to be remembered when you are gone, and you will be.” I try to follow those sage words as much as possible. I don’t plan on going anywhere anytime soon. LOL! :)

• Jamie, the quote from that book is exactly how I live and I haven’t even read the book. I totally agree with it and I am glad you are following that sage advice. If we keep on following each other for long, long time, it will be very interesting to see how our thoughts and feelings will change, or if they will stay the same.

• I think we will follow each other for a long while. We think alike, Valentina! :)

• Thank you, Jamie, it is my pleasure.

3. I think I understand why you posted these beautiful words. As one becomes older with more years behind you than ahead, you do reflect on your life and give more attention to the legacy you will leave behind. It is not morbid to think these thoughts especially if you have no fear of death. Being aware and making the best of the time one has left, whatever that time may be, is a good thing to me. We were all put on this earth to make a difference, Lets be at it. I congratulate you for posting this for whatever reason you had. Sorry if I spoke too much.

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

4. I agree with Francine… Age has us thinking about such things.

5. Beautifully written, and hopefully those are things that others remember you (and others) by, Thanks for sharing.

6. I wish all of that–and more–for you, my friend.
    Russ

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 354 other followers